Sunflower Mini Paper Pumpkin Box


Welcome to the Candy Hearts Blog Hop for August! Today we are sharing 3D projects. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you!

For today's 3D project, I chose to make boxes for my team members at work to show my appreciation for all that they do.  I will be placing items in the boxes, like lotion, chapstick, hand sanitizer, gum, and of course chocolate.






Items used for this project are:

  • Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes
  • Sunflower dies
  • All Dressed Up die for the tag
  • Color and Contour for the sentiment
  • Pacific Point ink
  • Flowers for Every Season ribbon - white
  • Basic White and Granny Apple Green cardstock
  • You're a Peach designer series paper
  • Stampin' Spritzer

I started by cutting (3) 4x4 pieces of basic white cardstock.

On a piece of plastic, take your Pacific Point ink and dab ink on your surface. With your Stampin' Spritzer, wet your ink.  Take two of the 4x4 pieces of paper and place in the wet inked area, you can lightly ink the paper or use as much as you prefer.  Let dry or you can use your heat tool.


Let's die cut.  One piece that you colored will be the outline of the flower, the other two pieces will be the flower itself.  Take the flower that has no color and place it under the flower that has color and glue them together. They do not need to be lined up.  We want the petals to show all around.  Then take and glue all your pieces together.   




Take your Granny Apple Green paper and cut out two petals. 


Cut a long piece of the "You're A Peach" DSP - 1 3/4 x 5 1/2. I also die cut from the same paper the middle of my sunflower.

For the tag, using Basic White cardstock 2x2, die cut using All Dressed Up.  Using Pacific Point ink stamp your sentiment on the tag, I used the stamp set Color and Contour "You're absolutely amazing". I then punched a hole using a standard hole punch at the top to tie my white ribbon.

Let's assemble our box.  Place the long piece of DSP that we cut and glue across the middle of your box and adhere. Take your sunflower and glue to the left side.  For the middle of the sunflower, I used a dimensional to pop it up from the sunflower.  I then took my leaves and glued the tip and placed them under the flower.  For your tag, I also used a dimensional to pop it up off the box. 



Another idea would be to use your box and place little note cards to match inside the box as a gift. The ideas are endless!!!!  I hope you enjoyed making this fun little box as much as I did.  Thanks for viewing.

Lisa

Thank you for hopping with the Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers! If you get lost, use the list below.

Comments

  1. Lisa, your team members will be thrilled with these boxes of goodies. They are beautiful! I love the technique you used to color the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I am soooooo proud of you for starting your blog!!! You did an amazing job telling and showing your readers how to make these beautiful gift boxes!!! I’m so excited that you’re sharing your talent with the world!!!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's your Birthday!!!

Oopsie Daisy

OOPS!