Furry and Bright
Welcome to the November 2022 Candy Hearts Blo
I just love this little Scottie dog. He is just so cute. Today I made a fun Christmas card for the pet lovers. I think this card will defiantly bring a smile to anyone's face.
Supplies used: All items used are current Stampin' Up! products
- Basic White Cardstock (159276)
- Lights Aglow 6 x 6 DSP (159535)
- Christmas Scottie (159740)
- Beauty of Friendship (154983)
- Old Olive (126953), Cherry Cobbler (147083) ink pads
- Winter 3D Embossing folder (155433)
Here’s How I made it!
- Basic White
- 8 1/2 x 5 1/2
- 4 x 2 3/16
- Lights Aglow DSP
- 5 5/16 x 4 1/16
- 4 3/16 x 3
- Using the tree from the Beauty of Friendship, in Old Olive, stamp the side of the Basic White cardstock that measures 4 x 2 3/16. Stamp only half of the tree. Stamp it all the way down the side making the tree look bigger as you stamp down the side.
Using the Scottie dog image, on the same piece of paper that the tree was stamp, using memento black ink, stamp the dog next to the tree. If the dog doesn't come out really black, using a Lt Basic Black Blends (147940) to fill in.
- Using the Cherry Cobbler, stamp the collar with bow around Scotties neck, using the small snow flake, stamp randomly on the tree. Using Balmy Blue, stamp around the tree and Scottie. Use any sentiment that you would like to use. On this card, I stamped two different sentiments, cutting them to only use certain words.
- Using the Winter 3D Embossing folder, place Basic White cardstock inside the folder, run through the Stampin' Cut & Embossing Machine.
Assemble the Card:
- Basic White cardstock measuring 8 1/2 x 5 1/2. Score at 4 1/4, fold and burnish.
- Lights Aglow Dsp measuring 4 1/16 x 5 5/16, glue to card base.
- Basic White cardstock that was embossed, glue to the top of the Lights Aglow.
- Lights Aglow DSP measuring 4 3/16 x 3 glue to the Basic White that was embossed.
- Take the stamped image with tree and Scottie and glue on top of the 4 3/16 x 3 Lights Aglow.
- Take the sentiments and glue on the top part of the stamp image.
I really like how this card turned out. I know all of my friends with fur babies will enjoy this fun card. Hope you enjoyed making as I did. Happy Holidays!!
Thank you for hopping with the Candy Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers! If you get lost, use the list below.