Welcome to the August 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! Today we are sharing Autumn themed projects. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you!
Awwww Autumn...I just love all the colors, the smells. It's one of my favorite seasons. The cooler weather. Trees are turning pretty colors. The leaves changing inspired my card.
Supplies used: All items used are current Stampin' Up! products
- Beauty of Friendship (154983)
- Nature's Harvest (156495)
- Harvest Dies (156504)
- Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry (115316), Soft Succulent (155776)
- Fluid 100 Watercolor paper (149612)
- Ink: Soft Suede (147115), Pool Party (147107), Soft Succulent (155778), Rich Razzleberry (126950), Crushed Curry (147087), Old Olive (126953)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220)
- Embroidered Ribbon (153554)
- Memento Tuxedo Black (132708)
- Base - Rich Razzleberry 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Soft Succulent - 4 x 5 3/16
- Watercolor paper - 3 7/8 x 5 1/16
- Using a water spritzer, lightly wet the paper.
- Stamp from Beauty of Friendship(the full tree)
- Using Pool Party ink, stamp the top of the card. Using the same stamp, using Soft Succulent ink, stamp the bottom part of the card. Let it dry. I found this technique from Robyn Russett.
- Using the Soft Suede, ink the tree image and them stamp off on a scrap piece of paper. Then stamp the image on the watercolor paper (this will give a softer image)
- Using the leaves stamp, stamp the Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and the Crushed Curry, also stamping off on scrap paper before placing on the watercolor paper. Using the Soft Suede ink, stamp the bottom of the tree using same technique
- Using a piece of Soft Succulent, stamp in Memento ink the sentiment from the Nature's Harvest stamp set.
- Using the Embroidered Ribbon, place on front of card until the ribbon can wrap around the back of card. Just enough for the ribbon to adhere to the back of the card. Using the same ribbon, tie a bow.
- Using the longest die from the Harvest Die, placing over the sentiment, run it through the Stampin Cut & Embossing machine.
Assemble the Card:
- Take the Rich Razzleberry Cardstock base, Score at 4 1/4 and burnish with a bone folder
- adhere the Soft Succulent cardstock to the Rich Razzleberry Cardstock
- Adhere the watercolor paper once ribbon has been placed to the Soft Succulent cardstock.
- Using dimentionals, place the sentiment just right under the ribbon. The top of the sentiment should lay half on the ribbon.
- Place 3 Rhinestone Basic Jewels randomly on the card.