Color Me America
Welcome to InKing Royalty's June Blog Hop! As we prepare for the July 4 holiday ahead, we are sharing projects that celebrate the Red, White & Blue. Not all projects will be patriotic, but you are certain to be inspired by all of them. After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Forth of July is a time to CELEBRATE! It reminds of hot dogs, fireworks, and family gatherings. These might not be the real thing but wouldn't these be great hanging around about the time July 4th comes around?
- Wisteria Wishes Stamp set (159434)
- Wisteria Dies (158859)
- Charming Sentiments (159985)
- Sentiment Silouettes Dies (158733)
- Cardstock: Basic White (159276), Soft Suede (115318)
- Ink:Night of Navy (147110), Real Red (147084), Granny Apple Green (147095), Old Olive (147090), Whisper White (147524)
- Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder (149643)
- Memento Tuxedo Black (132708)
- Basic White Cardstock - 8 1/2 x 11 cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
- Soft Suede - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
- using the Soft Suede cardstock measuring 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, place paper in the embossing folder, Brick and Mortar, run through the Cut & Emboss machine.
- die cut 4 flowers and 4 leaves on Basic White cardstock.
- blend Real Red, Night of Navy on the flowers. Leave the tip of the flower white.
- blend Granny Apple Green and Old Olive on the leaves.
- using the Whisper White ink, blend lightly on the Soft Suede
Assemble the Card:
- Take the Basic White Cardstock base, Score at 4 1/4 and burnish with a bone folder
- adhere the Soft Suede embossed cardstock to the front of the Basic White Cardstock
- Start layering the leaves to the top of the card, over lapping, make sure the leaves have space to add flowers underneath
- adhere each flower underneath the leaves. Use dimensionals to pop a few of the flowers.
- Using the Charming Sentiments, stamp on Basic White cardstock, dies but using the coordinating die set Sentiment Silhouettes. pop up sentiment using dimensionals.