Knitted Christmas



Welcome to the Candy Hearts Blog Hop for November! Today we are sharing Holiday projects. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you!

It's that time of the year again to start thinking of the holidays.  And you all know what that means!?  Ugly sweater weather.  Who doesn't love looking at those ugly sweaters and having holiday fun.  I know I do.  I have a fun project that does just that.  Let's get ready to create a fun sweater for the holidays.


 

Supplies used:  All items used are current Stampin' Up! products.
  • Knit Together Stamp Set (156416)
  • Sparkle Of The Season (156578)
  • Knit Sweater Dies (156453)
  • Cardstock used: Basic White (159276), Garden Green (102584), Pear Pizzazz (131201)
  • Ink used: Granny Apple Green (147095), Real Red (147084)
  • Mini Ruffled Ribbon (156323)
  • Holiday Rhinestone Jewels (150457)
  • Adhesive Sheets (152334)

Here’s How I made it!

Cut:

  • Garden Green – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored @ 4 1/4
  • Pear Pizzazz - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2

Stamp using Knit Together:

  • On the 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Pear Pizzazz, using Granny Apple Green.


Die cut using Knit Sweater Dies:

  • Using 3 strips of dies, I adhered with a piece of post it tape to keep them together when I die cut, so they would stay in place. cut your sweater image to measure 4 1/4 x 3 1/2.  Before die cutting, take your adhesive sheet and place along the back side of your stamped image. Place your dies in the center of your stamped image. Your dies will hang over each side.(just center them so both sides of your card look the same) 

Please note this picture was taken before trimming 


Assemble the Card:

  • Adhere your sweater piece – 4 1/4 x 3 1/2 to your Garden Green card base in the middle by pealing the adhesive sheet from the back of your image.
  • Adhere a piece of Mini Ruffled Ribbon long ways onto the top and bottom of your stamped image.
     
  • With your Basic White cardstock, stamp in Real Red, using Sparkle Of The Season "Merry Christmas" stamp.  Cut your Basic White cardstock with your sentiment.  Adhere to the bottom right of your sweater.


  • Finishing touch is to use 1 red Adhesive-Backed Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the deer on the far right, place it where the nose would be.  Just a fun little touch to your sweater. 
I hope you enjoyed this fun little knit sweater card.   The stamp/die set is so much fun and there are so many possibilities. 

Thanks for visiting and letting me share my love for card making. If you would like to join my team, please let me know.  I would love to help you get started and having as much fun as I do.

Happy Crafting!!!

Lisa 

Thank you for hopping with the Candy Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers! If you get lost, use the list below.

Comments

  1. Lisa, this is such a fun card! I think it's too pretty to count as an "ugly" sweater. Thank you for the detailed instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a killer cool snuggly card! I love how those sweater dies work! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's your Birthday!!!

Oopsie Daisy

OOPS!